Pages

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Spinning classes - Scotland and Italy

The main purpose of this blog is to post details of my spinning classes. I've been spinning for over 30 years and teaching spinning for more than 25.

As new classes here (Scotland) or in Italy are planned, I will post details on this blog

I can teach basic spinning to absolute beginners, or tailor a more advanced class to the interests of the participants, covering anything from selection and preparation of fibres, blending, controlling thickness and twist, creating 'designer' yarns, plying techniques, finishing yarns and how to use handspun yarns.
I can also organise dyeing and felting workshops
I run a series of classes for adventurous knitters called 'Knitting beyond the printed pattern'

I offer spinning and knitting classes in my home in Perthshire, either one-to-one or small groups (maximum 5).
I can find a venue locally for groups of 5 - 12
I'm also happy to travel and run a workshop for up to 12 people - or for larger  spinning groups such as guilds
When there is enough demand I offer a course of 10 weekly evening classes through the Auchterarder Adult Education Association - see http://www.aaea.org.uk/

If you would like information on costs, or any other aspect of my classes, leave a comment with your contact details and I will get in touch.

In 2010 I ran my first drop-spindle spinning class in Italy. Look out for a post about this very soon. I am now planning a series of spinning workshops in different locations in Italy, probably in April and September/October 2011. Watch out for more details of these posted on this blog, and on the Filare a mano - Italian handspinners group on http://www.ravelry.com/ .

If you would like to learn to spin, or learn some new techniques to enhance your spinning and knitting, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment